Engine 62 was dispatched to the 600 block of Clymer Lane for a Smoke Detector activation. Upon the arrival of Engine 62 we found a smoke condition in a private residence. The home owner arrived home just prior to our arrival after being alerted that the alarm was sounding. The working smoke detector in the home undoubtedly saved the homeowners home from significant damage and the 2 dogs who were home. This incident reminds us of the importance of checking our smoke detectors and insure everyone has working smoke detectors.